Your ASBSU Funding Board
Thank you to the student organizations and individuals on campus who brought their incredible ideas to ASBSU for funding in 2016-2017. You make our campus great every day.
Our application cycle for the 2017-2018 academic year will open in August 2017. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions about the funding process.
Types of Sponsorship
2016-2017 Funded: $146,129.28
Unique and inclusive events organized by clubs. Groups are eligible (but not entitled) to receive $4,000 throughout the year.
2016-2017 Funded: $28,015.87
Innovative events for the campus and community hosted by two or more clubs. Each event is eligible for up to $6,000 in sponsorship.
2016-2017 Funded: $11,415.00
Sponsorship of trips or projects for individual students. Each student is eligible (but not entitled) to receive $400 throughout the year.
Best Practices for Applying
Describe Your Event/Project
- Be short and direct.
- When and where is the event?
- What is your goal for the event?
- What are you asking ASBSU to sponsor?
- How many people are attending/participating
Timeline for applying
- Be specific.
- Know where you’ll be making purchases.
- Contact the secretary of Student Organization Affairs about what can and cannot be funded.
- Use the ASBSU template provided.
- Prepare your budget using the REQUIRED ASBSU template (below) and submit your grant request on Orgsync.
- Attend your scheduled hearing with the Student Funding Board to describe the event, project, or trip.
- If approved, submit an event request and any other forms if necessary to the Student Involvement and Leadership Center.
- Note: Applications are due every Tuesday to be scheduled for a hearing a week from the next Friday.
- If you have any questions or need help applying, please email us at email@example.com.
A Model Grant
Description of the event/project, including when it will take place
Phi Eta Sigma will be hosting an induction to welcome new members for the 2017-2018 year. We’ll be providing a catered dinner (from Aramark) for our members as well as renting equipment from Conference Services. We’re asking ASBSU to fund a portion of the catering expenses. The induction is on February 3, 2018. We expect 100 people to attend. Our goal is to create a unique evening to recognize the academic achievement of our members and encourage the engagement with our organization during their college experience.
Timeline for applying
- The event is on February 3, 2018
- The grant should be submitted no later than December 29 (5 weeks).
- If submitted by December 29, the hearing would likely be scheduled for January 12 (Fridays at least 10 days after submission).
- Note: This could take longer depending on the volume of grants during any given week.