Your ASBSU Funding Board
Thank you to the student organizations and individuals on campus who brought their incredible ideas to ASBSU for funding in 2018-2019. You make our campus great every day.
The grant request cycle for the 2018-2019 academic year opened July 1, 2018. Please contact email@example.com for general questions about the funding process. Click here to start your grant request now!
Types of Sponsorship
Unique and inclusive events organized by clubs. Groups are eligible (but not entitled) to receive $4,000 throughout the year.
2018-19 Direct Funding
Innovative events for the campus and community hosted by two or more clubs. Each event is eligible for up to $6,000 in sponsorship.
2018-19 Joint Funding
Sponsorship of trips or projects for individual students. Each student is eligible (but not entitled) to receive $400 throughout the year.
2018-19 Individual Funding
Best Practices for Applying
Describe Your Event/Project/Need
- Be short and direct.
- When and where is the event?
- What is your goal for the event?
- What are you asking ASBSU to sponsor?
- How many people are attending/participating
Timeline for applying
- Grants requests are heard on a first come first serve basis, so students must plan appropriately in order to meet the required timeline with the Student Involvement & Leadership Center
- Be specific.
- Know where you’ll be making purchases. Get quotes.
- Prepare a budget.
- Contact the secretary of Student Organization Affairs about what can and cannot be funded.
- Use the ASBSU template provided.
- Prepare your budget using one of the REQUIRED ASBSU templates.
- Submit your Grant Request Form on OrgSync.
- Attend your scheduled hearing with the Student Funding Board to describe the event, project, or trip.
- If approved, submit an event request and any other forms if necessary to the Student Involvement and Leadership Center.
- Note: Applications are due every Tuesday to be scheduled for a hearing a week from the next Friday.
- If you have any questions or need help applying, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.