Your ASBSU Funding Board
Thank you to the student organizations and individuals on campus who brought their incredible ideas to ASBSU for funding in 2018-2019. You make our campus great every day.
The grant request cycle for the 2018-2019 academic year opened August 2017. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for general questions about the funding process.
Types of Sponsorship
2016-2017 Funded: $141,541.88
Unique and inclusive events organized by clubs. Groups are eligible (but not entitled) to receive $4,000 throughout the year.
2016-2017 Funded: $17,982.63
Innovative events for the campus and community hosted by two or more clubs. Each event is eligible for up to $6,000 in sponsorship.
2016-2017 Funded: $7,515.00
Sponsorship of trips or projects for individual students. Each student is eligible (but not entitled) to receive $400 throughout the year.
Best Practices for Applying
Describe Your Event/Project/Need
- Be short and direct.
- When and where is the event?
- What is your goal for the event?
- What are you asking ASBSU to sponsor?
- How many people are attending/participating
Timeline for applying
- Grants requests are heard on a first come first serve basis, so students must plan appropriately in order to meet the required timeline with the Student Involvement & Leadership Center
- Be specific.
- Know where you’ll be making purchases. Get quotes.
- Prepare a budget.
- Contact the secretary of Student Organization Affairs about what can and cannot be funded.
- Use the ASBSU template provided.
- Prepare your budget using one of the REQUIRED ASBSU templates.
- Submit your Grant Request Form on OrgSync.
- Attend your scheduled hearing with the Student Funding Board to describe the event, project, or trip.
- If approved, submit an event request and any other forms if necessary to the Student Involvement and Leadership Center.
- Note: Applications are due every Tuesday to be scheduled for a hearing a week from the next Friday.
- If you have any questions or need help applying, please email us at email@example.com.